Production Material Handler
Website FT Synthetics
We Make Roofing Safer
The Production Material Handler/Forklift Operators role is to safety and promptly supply materials to machinery, prepare materials for production and maintain material storage areas through the 6S system and the materials handling system. This position will report to the Production Manager, Assistant Production Manager or Shift Supervisor.
- Adheres to safety rules, policies and procedures. Must wear the appropriate PPE for operating forklifts.
- Promptly reports all near misses, damage to equipment and/or materials as soon as noticed.
- Completes pre-use inspection check sheets, and reports to Supervisor when any concerns with equipment operation or safety are identified.
- Ensures safe stable storage of materials, i.e. stacking of pallets, rolls and finished goods.
- Handles materials, and equipment, with care to ensure no damage to materials, equipment or plant.
- Places all materials in assigned areas, neatly in rows according to SOP and warehouse management system.
- Co-ordinate with Lead Hands & Supervisors in-terms of providing materials to the machinery to meet with production needs, placed and replenished to meet needs. Immediately & safely places materials on the machine; prepare materials for operator, with a lens to safety, efficiency, product quality.
- May assist operator with production activities as directed by supervisor
- Maintain material storage and keep adequately stocked.
- Maintain raw material storage area, according to SOP & 6S
- Maintain semi-finished goods storage areas, to SOP & 6S
- Ensure equipment is adequately charged, maintain good housekeeping and promptly report any damages or requests to maintenance to supervisor
- Act in a professional and respectful manner when dealing with other people
- Must adhere to break start & stop times, with flexibility for production needs
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience
- Forklift Certification, Class 1, 4 & 5, with counterbalance
- Experience working with forklift attachments considered an asset
- Prefer experience handling palleted products, loading and unloading from storage racks
- Previous experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- English communication skills – written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills, able to positively communicate with other team members
- Must possess good time management, planning and organizing
- Must be dependable, able to meet shift requirements and be punctual
- Basic computer skills an asset
- Teamplayer, able to work well with other departments
Group health benefits day one, RRSP program.
- Day or night, 4/10 or 5/8’s or 12 hr 3 on 4 Off.
- Premium for night shift.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.